Organized by an interdisciplinary team of Harvard faculty, the curriculum is built around a set of core courses supported by topical seminar series and other specially arranged programs.
The core curriculum is designed to give all participants a grounding in a common set of themes, issues and skills. We offer the following core courses:
- Strategic Choices for Labor Union Leaders
- Themes in U.S. Labor History
- Strategic Public Sector Labor Relations
- Capital Strategies for Labor
- Managing Dispute Resolution Systems
In addition to the core curriculum classes, the HTUP has six thematic curriculum areas. The classes in this area are primarily individual classes so the participants can experience a variety of topics and experts. The thematic curriculum areas include:
- Current Legal Issues
- Economic Issues
- Negotiations and Labor Relations
- Union Organizing and Capacity Building
- Community Relations
In some cases, college credit may be granted for successful completion of the program. Consult us for details.